Welcome to our new Year 7 pupils
We are delighted that your child will be joining Broughton High School in September.
Transition from primary to secondary school can be an exciting time for many children. The opportunity to experience new subjects, new activities and make new friends. We understand that whilst most pupils feel this way, some may experience nervousness at the thought of starting secondary school. We will strive to ensure all pupils feel supported in their transition process and that it goes as smoothly as possible.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
A Welcome from the Head of Year 7 and the Form Tutors for 2021-22
A Day in the Life of Broughton High School
Top tips for pupils
Starting at a new school often raises lots of questions for both pupils and their parents. To help make the whole process as easy and enjoyable as possible please see our ‘top tips’ below.
- Learn how to tie a tie before September
- Get organised
- Pack your bag the night before
- Check you have the correct equipment
- Do your homework on time and the night it is set.
- Bring your planner everyday
- Bring a reading book every day
- Label all uniform with your name and tutor group
- Join an after school club
- Set off early and get to school on time
- Ask for help – No problem is too small
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Also wear a cycle helmet if coming on your bike
Links that will help ensure that you have all the information your child will need to be ready for their first day in September.