Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
- Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
The school’s Safeguarding Team consists of: Mrs Sue Gledhill (Designated Safeguarding Lead), Mrs Alison Boardman, Mrs Vicky Bamber and Miss Elizabeth Cross ('Back-up' Designated Safeguarding Leads) .
The school adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021
- The Prevent Duty 2015
The school has a suite of Safeguarding documents which are reviewed regularly. These are:
All staff receive annual Safeguarding update training and are aware of the procedures for passing on concerns within school. If any members of the school or local community have concerns about the welfare of a child in the school, please pass them on to the School Safeguarding Team.