At Broughton we have many shared beliefs and values which reflect our school culture. We are resolute in wanting the best for each and every child. We have high standards and high expectations for all, from all.
Our aim is to create a supportive and challenging environment in which every individual can aspire, enjoy and achieve.
Within our school culture we believe that:
- Pupil well-being, care and support is at the centre of all our decisions.
- Mutual respect must prevail.
- The highest standards of teaching and learning are insisted on, in every classroom, every day.
- Excellent behaviour is expected at all times.
- A broad, balanced and relevant curriculum is necessary.
- Extra-curricular activities are essential to the education of the whole child.
- Promotion of high standards and a positive work ethic is crucial.
- Success should be recognised and celebrated.
- Staff and pupils should always want to improve and make progress.
- Examination performance matters.
- There should be collaboration and teamwork at every level.