At Broughton we have many shared beliefs and values which reflect our school culture. We are resolute in wanting the best for each and every child. We have high standards and high expectations for all, from all.
Our aim is to create a supportive and challenging environment in which every individual can aspire, enjoy and achieve.
Within our school culture we believe that:
- Pupil well-being, care and support is at the centre of all our decisions.
- Mutual respect must prevail.
- The highest standards of teaching and learning are insisted on, in every classroom, every day.
- Excellent behaviour is expected at all times.
- A broad, balanced and relevant curriculum is necessary.
- Extra-curricular activities are essential to the education of the whole child.
- Promotion of high standards and a positive work ethic is crucial.
- Success should be recognised and celebrated.
- Staff and pupils should always want to improve and make progress.
- Examination performance matters.
- There should be collaboration and teamwork at every level.
"Our aim is to provide an education and curriculum which achieves outstanding outcomes and opportunities for all".
Setting high expectations in all we do will enable every member of the ‘Broughton Team’ to achieve their best with effort, skill and courage. We must all strive to continually improve and develop and through a ‘can do’ attitude we can all ‘Achieve Together’. Our whole school curriculum will ensure that every pupil will leave Broughton High School having achieved everything needed to progress onto the next stage of their journey.
Supporting each other on a daily basis will enable us all to ‘Achieve Together’. We will strive to ensure all members of our community are supported in every aspect of school life, whether that is professionally, academically, physically, mentally or emotionally. We will always provide the necessary support on an individual basis to ensure we all feel cared for as a member of the ‘Broughton Team’.
Feeling of Community
Broughton High School is a family community where everyone is valued. We all have our part to play in ensuring that we give our best and encourage others to give their best to ensure we are all ‘Achieving Together’. The highest standards of behaviour are always expected from everyone, every day. We are inclusive and accepting of everyone within our community and mutually respect everyone’s differences. Derogatory language is never tolerated and we will always speak to each other in the way we expect to be spoken to ourselves.
Part of a Team
‘Achieving Together’ means that every day we have a responsibility to ourselves and each other to play our part in the ‘Broughton Team’, whether this be on our way to and from school, in the classroom, at lunch time or during extra-curricular activities. We all have a role to play. Every member of our team has an important part to play in the success of Broughton High School, whether you are a pupil, a member of staff parent or governor and we should all be proud of our association with the school.
Together we can all achieve our ‘Best at Broughton’